Minister for Foreign Action of the Government of Catalonia
- Minister for Foreign Action, Institutional Relations and Transparency of the Generalitat Government of Catalonia.
- Member of the Parliament of Catalonia for Lleida
Bernat Solé is an industrial engineer and technology teacher, and is closely linked to the associative fabric of his town Agramunt, where he has been mayor for the last 9 years. As a member of Esquerra Republicana, he has been the communications secretary of the Local Executive in Urgell county (Western Catalonia), and a member of the National Executive since 2015. He has also been a Member of the Parliament of Catalonia since 2015, and re-elected in the 21 December 2017 election. During the 11th Parliament he chaired the Commission on Labour and was a member of the Education, Road Safety and Youth Commissions, and in the current 12th Parliament he was the deputy spokesman for the Esquerra Republicana group in Parliament until he resigned the post, as well as that of mayor of Agramunt, upon being appointed Minister of Foreign Action, Institutional Relations and Transparency of the Generalitat Government, a step which he has taken “with enthusiasm, determination and commitment to the country and to Republican values.”
- Degree in Industrial Engineering from the UPC.
- Engaged in private business and self-employed as a project engineer.
- Employed as a technology teacher at the Institut Els Planells in Artesa de Segre.
- Member of traditional music ensemble Cobla Jovenívola d'Agramunt (1987-2006).
- Member and Group Leader of the Agramunt Scouts Group and (1998-2004).
- Director of the folklore Aires del Sió Caramellaire Group.
- Player for Agramunt Basketball Club.
- Joined Esquerra Republicana in 2006.
- Communications Secretary of the Urgell County Executive (2006-2008).
- Councillor on Agramunt Town Council (2007-2011).
- Member of the Esquerra Republicana National Executive since 2015.
- Member of the Parliament of Catalonia since 2015, re-elected in 2017.
- Deputy Speaker of the Esquerra Parliamentary Group (2019-2020).
- Mayor of Agramunt (2011-2020).
- Minister for Foreign Action, Institutional Relations and Transparency of the Generalitat Government of Catalonia since March 2020.