Sarrià de Ter, Girona 19 July 1979
Minister for Business and Employment
- Minister for Business and Employment
- Member of the Catalan Parliament for Barcelona
He was the Speaker of the 12th Parliament of Catalonia, the youngest ever, and is especially proud to have been the second-ever speaker from the area of Girona, after Josep Irla. He had for ten years prior been the mayor of his home town, Sarrià de Ter. In 2012 he was elected a Member of the Catalan Parliament for Esquerra Republicana and he maintained his seat in the 2015 elections with pro-independence coalition Junts pel Sí, and again with Esquerra Republicana–Catalunya Sí in 2017.
During his term as the Speaker of the 12th Parliament, he defended democracy and free parliamentary debate, the feminization the chamber, and the rights of refugees. He was also a victim of political espionage. In the February 2021 elections to the Parliament of Catalonia, he stood as number 3 on the Esquerra ticket for Barcelona and was re-elected a Member of Parliament.
- Graduate in Political and Administrative Sciences (UAB).
- Master’s degree in Territorial and Urban Planning Studies (UPC and UPF)
- Postgraduate courses in Urban Law (UPF), in Political Communication (Institute of Political and Social Sciences) and in Management of Local Administrations (UAB).
- He has worked as an advisor in local administration.
- He joined Esquerra’s youth branch in 1998.
- He headed the Esquerra ticket for the Sarrià de Ter local elections as of 1999.
- A member of Esquerra Republicana since 2000.
- Regional Parliamentary Policy Secretary for the Girona Federation (2000-2008).
- Member of the executive of the Associació de Municipis de Catalunya (Association of Municipalities of Catalonia), of the Comissió Municipalista de Catalunya (Municipal Commission of Catalonia) and of the Comissió de Govern Local (Commission of Local Government) (2007-2011).
- Secretary of municipally policy of the regional federation of Girona between 2011 - 2015.
- Councillor of Sarrià de Ter since 1999.
- Mayor of Sarrià de Ter (2007-2017)
- Deputy spokesman of ERC in the Diputació de Girona (Council of Girona) (2011-2012).
- Deputy of the Parliament of Catalonia since 2012. Reelected in 2015 with Junts pel Sí and in 2017 with the candidature ERC-Catalunya Sí.
- Speaker of the 12th Parliament of Catalonia
- A Member of the Parliament of Catalonia for Barcelona since 2021.
- On May 26, 2021 he was appointed Minister for Business and Employment.