Sarrià de Ter, Girona 19 July 1979
President of the Parliament of Catalonia
Before being the President of the Parliament of Catalonia, Roger Torrent was the mayor of his town, Sarrià de Ter, for ten years. In 2012, he was elected as a deputy of Esquerra Republicana in the Parliament and he was reelected in 2015 with Junts pel Sí, legislature in which he practiced as the deputy spokesperson of the parliamentarian group. In the present, he is the president of the Parliament of Catalonia; he succeeded Carme Forcadell in this position, who is imprisoned by Spain.
- Graduate in Political and Administrative Sciences (UAB).
- Master’s degree in Territorial and Urban Planning Studies (UPC and UPF)
- Postgraduate courses in Urban Law (UPF), in Political Communication (Institute of Political and Social Sciences) and in Management of Local Administrations (UAB).
- Member of the executive of the Associació de Municipis de Catalunya (Association of Municipalities of Catalonia), of the Comissió Municipalista de Catalunya (Municipal Commission of Catalonia) and of the Comissió de Govern Local (Commission of Local Government) (2007-2011).
- Secretary of municipally policy of the regional federation of Girona since 2011.
- Councillor of Sarrià de Ter since 1999.
- Mayor of Sarrià de Ter (2007-2017)
- Deputy spokesman of ERC in the Diputació de Girona (Council of Girona) (2011-2012).
- Deputy of the Parliament of Catalonia since 2012. Reelected in 2015 with Junts pel Sí and in 2017 with the candidature ERC-Catalunya Sí.
- President of the Parliament of Catalonia.