Last update: 5 October, 2018.
In compliance with the provisions of the Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce Law 34/2002 requiring the following information, the owner of the website hosted at URL www.esquerra.cat hereby identifies as Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya, an organization registered in the Register of Political Parties on August 2, 1977, on page 208, Volume I of the Registration Book, with domicile in Barcelona (08015), at Carrer Calàbria, 166 with Tax Identification Number (NIF) G-08678120, telephone number +34 934 536 005, e-mail: [email protected].
Conditions of use of the website
By accepting these conditions of use, user commits to use this website and the services offered, lawfully, in accordance with the provisions of these clauses, and in such a way that does not harm the rights or interests of third parties, or that may damage or cause abusive use of the website or the services provided therein.
All access to this website is subject to the following conditions:
- Access and use of the website is free and free of charge. However, Esquerra Republicana reserves the right to restrict certain sections for the purposes it deems appropriate.
- The entire information provided by the user through this website must be truthful, such that the user shall guarantee the accuracy of the data communicated to Esquerra Republicana through the forms on this website. The user is responsible for maintaining the information provided permanently updated such that it shall correspond at all times with the user’s present situation. In any case, the user will be the sole person responsible for any inaccurate or false information that the user has provided, as well as the harm that such inaccurate or false information may cause Esquerra Republicana or third parties.
- The user undertakes to make proper use of the website, subject to law and good practice, and to maintain due respect for other users.
- Any commercial use of the website is prohibited.
- The user undertakes not to use any of the documents, images and information contained in this website for unlawful purposes, expressly prohibited under these conditions of use and/or contrary to the rights and interests of Esquerra Republicana, of any of its members and/or third parties, and shall be held responsible in case of breach of this requirement.
- The user agrees not to damage, disable, overload, deteriorate or impede the normal use of the materials and information contained in this website or of the information systems or documents, files and any content stored in any computer equipment of Esquerra Republicana, its members or any user of the website.
- The modification and/or exploitation of the website and its contents is prohibited.
- Esquerra Republicana does not guarantee that the website and the servers are free of viruses and is not responsible for any damage that may be caused by access to the website or from the inability of accessing it.
- The use of this website implies the full and unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions contained in this legal notice.
Conditions for user registration
In general, access to the contents of the website does not require User Registration. However, the use of certain services, such as those that imply the publication of content, is conditional upon prior user registration.
The data entered by the user must be accurate, current and truthful at all times. If not, it will be considered a violation of these conditions and may result in the immediate termination of the user account.
The registered user shall be responsible at all times for the custody of the corresponding password, and shall assume any harm or damages that might arise from its misuse, as well as of the transmission, disclosure or loss of the password. Access to restricted areas and/or use of the services and content by means of a user’s password shall be deemed to have been effected by such person, who shall in any case be responsible for such access and use.
Esquerra Republicana reserves the right to cancel the account of such users who make inappropriate use of the account or do not respect the observations and prohibitions provided by these conditions.
Esquerra Republicana undertakes to make responsible and confidential use of the data, guarantees that they will be treated in accordance with the legislation in force at any time, and that these data will only be used for the purpose indicated in each case.
The user shall in any case vouch for the veracity of the data provided, and Esquerra Republicana will reserve the right to exclude from the registered services any user who has provided false information, without prejudice to any legal actions that may be brought.
The Esquerra Republicana data protection policy may be consulted via the following link (https://en.esquerra.cat/en/politicaprotecciodades).
Esquerra Republicana uses its own and third party cookies to improve operation and visualization of the website, as well as the user experience. In no case will cookies or other similar means be used to store information that identifies the user.
Protection of intellectual and industrial property rights
Esquerra Republicana is the owner of the rights to the intellectual and industrial property on this website. This includes the graphic content and elements, its source code, design, navigation structure, databases and other elements that make up the website. Therefore, the exercise of the rights of exploitation in any form including, but not limited to, the rights of reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation, corresponds exclusively to Esquerra Republicana. Any use or reproduction that users make of these contents, or others that may be included in the future, must be made in accordance with the provisions and in compliance with the limitations provided by intellectual property regulations, and shall in any case be made with the authorization of Esquerra Republicana, notwithstanding the limits established by Royal Legislative Decree 1/1996, which approves the consolidated text of the intellectual property law.
Likewise, there are texts, images and logos of third parties that are protected by intellectual and industrial property legislation. The intellectual property rights of the articles and texts proffered in this website belong to their respective authors or communications media.
Reservation of rights
Esquerra Republicana explicitly reserves general rights concerning the entirety of the contents published on the website which are subject to intellectual and industrial property rights. In accordance with the provisions of article 32 of the consolidated text of the intellectual property law, Esquerra Republicana expressly opposes the use of any of the contents of its publications in any format, or in order to make a review, or for press magazines, or for commercial purposes, without the express [written] authorization of Esquerra Republicana. This legal notice does not imply any assignment of rights in favour of the user in relation to any of the elements of the website or its contents.
In no case are any of the following authorised:
- The presentation of this website or any content on its pages in a window that does not belong to this website, via any technique or procedure including framing, in line linking, etc.
- Extraction of elements of the website that is detrimental to Esquerra Republicana in accordance with current regulations.
- Commercial use of the contents of this website.
- The use of distinctive marks or signs, logos, combinations of colours, structure, design and, in general, distinctive symbols of any kind, owned by Esquerra Republicana, without the knowledge and corresponding authorization of the entity.
- The use of content in unlawful activities, illegal or contrary to good faith and public order.
- Dissemination of content or propaganda that is racist or xenophobic, pornographic, illegal or infringes on human rights.
- Harming the physical and logical systems of Esquerra Republicana, its suppliers or third parties; introducing or spreading computer viruses or other physical or logical systems that may cause harm.
- Attempting to access and, if applicable, using email accounts of other users to modify or manipulate their messages.
- Users may view the contents on this website, copy them, print them on their computer or any other support for their personal and private use only.
Exclusion of liability
Esquerra Republicana is not liable for the damages that may result in lack of accuracy, authenticity, exhaustiveness and timeliness of the information contained on this website, or of the damages caused by any error or omission which information and manifestations may incur, published on this website, and likewise the information obtained through links to external systems that may be accessed therefrom.
Esquerra Republicana does not assume any duty or commitment to verify or monitor the contents and/or information on the web pages accessed through links to external systems and websites.
Esquerra Republicana does not guarantee the availability, continuity or infallibility of the functioning of the website, and therefore excludes, as provided by the current legal framework, any liability for damages caused by the lack of availability or continuity of the operation of the website and the services enabled therein, as well as any difficulties in accessing different web pages or those from which certain services may be provided, as may be the case.
Esquerra Republicana does not guarantee that the website and its servers are free of viruses or other harmful elements that might damage or cause alterations to the computer system, electronic documents or user files sent to third parties. For this reason, it declines any responsibility for computer or other damages or harm caused by accessing the website or by the impossibility of accessing it.
Users of the Esquerra Republicana website may comment on the news and content published, directly from social networks Facebook and Twitter. All comments referring to any information appearing on the Esquerra Republicana website are solely and exclusively the responsibility of the users that make them, and in no case shall Esquerra Republicana be held responsible for them.
Esquerra Republicana does not subscribe to the content or opinions in comments made by the users of the Esquerra Republicana website, and Esquerra Republicana is therefore expressly excluded from any form of liability concerning such comments.
Users of the Esquerra Republicana website may submit content. The user understands that, irrespective of whether the content is published, Esquerra Republicana does not guarantee any form of confidentiality regarding these contents.
Any user who has submitted content to the Esquerra Republicana website will remain the owner of the rights on its content, although the user grants limited license rights to Esquerra Republicana. At the time of uploading or publishing content on an Esquerra Republicana web page, the user is granting Esquerra Republicana a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-exempt, transferable license —including the right to sublicense— for the use, reproduction, distribution, performance of derivative works, display and execution of such content, in the context of the services provided on the Esquerra Republicana website.
The user recognizes and accepts sole responsibility for its content and the consequences of its publication. Esquerra Republicana does not subscribe to any content, opinion, recommendation or advice expressed in relation to such content, and Esquerra Republicana is therefore expressly excluded from any form of liability related to such content.
The user expresses and guarantees that they are the owner (and will continue to be so while using the services provided by the Esquerra Republicana website) of all licenses and all rights, consent and permissions necessary to allow Esquerra Republicana to use their content for the purpose of providing the service and for any other purpose in accordance with and in the form provided by the service and by this legal notice.
The user undertakes not to post or upload any content or image that includes material whose possession is illegal, or whose use is illegal, or whose use or possession contravenes the regulations of Esquerra Republicana.
The user agrees that the content provided does not include material subject to intellectual property rights of third parties or of images, or material subject to other industrial property rights of third parties (including exclusive rights or publicity), except when the legal owner of these rights has granted a license or formal authorization in favour of the user, or the user is legally authorized, by any other means, to publish the material in question and to grant Esquerra Republican such license as indicated in this section.
If Esquerra Republicana becomes aware of any possible breach of this section of the legal notice, it reserves the right to decide whether the content provided meets the stipulated requirements and may decide not to publish or to delete the infringing content at any time, without need for prior notice at Esquerra Republicana’s exclusive free will.
For the resolution of any disagreement, dispute, conflict or problem that may arise on the grounds of or as a consequence of the interpretation, application and compliance with this policy, expressly renouncing any other applicable law, and without prejudice to the jurisdiction that is provided by law, the user voluntarily and expressly submits to the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Barcelona.