Latest update: 30 May, 2018.
This Data Protection Policy lays out how Esquerra Republicana collects, uses, shares and protects your personal data. The main objective of our Data Protection Policy is to ensure full compliance with the regulations in force regarding data protection and privacy and the security in the treatment of your personal data.
Responsibility for data management
Responsibility for the treatment of your data lies with Esquerra Republicana de Catalunya, domiciled in Barcelona (08015), at carrer Calàbria, 166, with Tax Identification Number (NIF) G-08678120, telephone number +34 934 536 005, e-mail: [email protected] Esquerra Republicana has appointed a Data Protection Officer who you can contact via the following email: [email protected]
Purpose of the treatment
The personal data provided by members of Esquerra Republicana, as well as those obtained during their relationship with the party, will be treated in order to carry out administrative and organizational management, dispatch of information related to the political activity of the party, processing the collection of membership fees and contributions, the historical details of appointments and responsibilities within the organization, and to fulfil other legal obligations to which Esquerra Republicana is subject.
Likewise, the personal data obtained from persons associated with Esquerra Republicana will be treated in order to carry out administrative and organizational tasks, managing both requests for and sending of information related to the political activity of the party, processing the collection of donations, the historical relationship of appointments and responsibilities within the organization, and to fulfil other legal obligations to which Esquerra Republicana is subject.
The personal details provided by users of websites owned by Esquerra Republicana will be dealt with in order to carry out administrative tasks and publication of content on the websites, sending communications related to the corresponding specific campaigns, sending information related to the political activity of the party and to fulfil other legal obligations to which Esquerra Republicana is subject.
The purposes for which the personal details of the employees of Esquerra Republicana will be dealt with are the control and management of human resources, including access to the central headquarters of the party and control of employee working hours. Likewise, the details of persons participating in personnel selection processes will be treated in order to carry out the control and management of these processes.
The voice recordings obtained in monitoring telephone calls received at the switchboard of the national headquarters of Esquerra Republicana for security and improvement in the quality of the service, will be treated in order to control security in relation to warnings and threats that may compromise the safety of people, as well as the improvement in the quality of information services provided, and to comply with other legal obligations to which Esquerra Republicana is subject.
The images obtained via the Esquerra Republicana CCTV cameras for security reasons will be treated in order to control the security of accesses, emergency exits and perimeters of the Esquerra Republicana premises in relation to persons who may compromise the security of persons and facilities, and will comply with other legal obligations to which Esquerra Republicana is subject.
In no case will automated decisions be taken, including the establishment of profiles.
The personal details provided to Esquerra Republicana will be stored while the interested party does not request deletion. Once the individual's relationship with Esquerra Republicana has concluded, the data may be kept (blocked), for as long as is established by the applicable legislation in each case. They will accordingly only be stored as long as necessary to comply with all possible legal obligations.
The fundamental legal basis that allows Esquerra Republicana to treat the data of those persons linked to the party is the consent of the interested party freely expressed by signing an affiliation slip, or expressly accepting the Data Protection Policy in the corresponding electronic form.
In certain cases, the treatment carried out by Esquerra Republicana is based on its legitimate interest, such as the promotion of its political activity, including electoral growth, providing fundamental rights and freedoms of the persons concerned prevail. Contracts subscribed by Esquerra Republicana, whether commercial, employment or collaboration agreements, legitimize the processing of data of the parties.
Finally, Esquerra Republicana is legitimated for the treatment of those data required for the fulfilment of the legal obligations to which it is subject (including but not limited to Organic Political Party Finance Law 8/2007, Organic Political Party Law 6/2002, Prevention of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism Law 10/2010, General Tax Law 58/2003, amongst others)
Transfer of data to third parties
The details of persons linked with Esquerra Republicana may be legitimately communicated to:
- The corresponding authorities concerning the fulfilment of legal obligations: Tax Authorities, Courts and Tribunals, Court of Auditors and other public administrations with competence in the matter.
- Professional advisers and third-party service providers of Esquerra Republicana: in case it is necessary for personal data provided to Esquerra Republicana to be dealt with by professional advisors or service providers, they will act as data processors in accordance with the contract entered into to such effect and in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR.
- No transfers of data will be made to third countries or to international organizations.
Rights of parties concerned
Listed below are the data protection rights of the persons concerned:
- Right of access: request a copy of your personal data stored by Esquerra Republicana.
- Right to rectification or erasure: request rectification of inaccurate data, request the update or deletion.
- Right to restriction: request the restriction of the processing of personal data, in which case we will maintain these solely for the exercise or defence of claims.
- Right to objection: request that Esquerra Republicana cease and desist from processing the data, in the manner indicated, unless for legitimate reasons, imperious or in the case of the exercise or defence of possible claims, it is necessary to continue such treatment.
- Right to portability: request that your data be processed by another controller, in which case, Esquerra Republicana will facilitate portability.
The party concerned may at any time withdraw their consent for the specific treatment of their personal data. However, this will not affect the legality of the treatment based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
The party concerned may exercise these rights by contacting the Data Protection Officer by email at [email protected] or to the following postal address: Carrer Calàbria, 166, Barcelona 08015. The request must be in writing and the identity of the party concerned must be certified, enclosing a photocopy/scan of their DNI [or other ID], since it is an individual’s personal right.
Likewise, those parties concerned may contact the Spanish Data Protection Agency to make a complaint concerning the exercise of their rights or on any other issue related to compliance with the regulations on data protection (further information at www.agpd.es).
The personal data treated by Esquerra Republicana are provided voluntarily by the persons concerned when:
- they sign and submit the membership or affiliation form,
- they expressly accept the Data Protection Policy by filling out an electronic registration form for an event, to participate in a campaign, or to request information, or
- they submit their curriculum or sign a contract of employment.