Barcelona 21 February 1975
Number two of the list for the European elections of May 26, 2019
Diana Riba is the number two of the list that Esquerra Republicana is presenting to the European elections of May 26, 2019. She is an educator, mother of Noah and Elda and she has managed for 9 years a bookstore in Sant Cugat, called Pati dels Llibres. Now, she has decided to take the leap into politics because she is Raül Romeva’s wife, that is, a political prisoner’s wife in the Europe of the 21st century. She wants to “take the voice of the ones who are suffering repression and their families to Europe”, and to denounce “the violation of fundamental rights in a member state of the European Union”, a job that, since now, she has been doing in the Associació Catalana pels Drets Civils (Catalan Association for Civil Rights), made up of the families of the political prisoners and exiles.
- Graduate in Education Studies.
- She participated in several European studies about different existing educative methods.
- She worked for Fundació La Caixa (La Caixa Foundation), where she coordinated and managed several series of conferences about cinema and literature that were done in the CaixaForum.
- Cultural producer of the Fòrum de les Cultures (Forum of the Cultures) that took place in Barcelona in 2004.
- She has managed for 9 years the Pati dels Llibres, a bookstore in Sant Cugat specialized in books for children and teenagers that she has had to sell.
- She was the treasurer of the Consell Català del Llibre Infantil i Juvenil (Catalan Council of Book for Children and Youth).
- Member of the Associació Catalana pels Drets Civils (ACDC) (Catalan Association for Civil Rights), the association made up of the families of the political prisoners and exiles.
- Number two of the list that Esquerra Republicana is presenting to the European elections of May 26, 2019, and that will be led by the president of the party, Oriol Junqueras.